Michael Seeber was born and grew up to adulthood in the city of Chicago. He began his career in the print and graphic design industries in 1997 and has worked with non-profits, print newspapers, print shops, and his freelance clients have included individuals, small and medium-sized businesses of all persuasions.
He specializes in print media, and has the training, experience, and knowledge to make sure it is not only engaging, vibrant and unique but also gets your message to the potential customer without fail. Michael is skilled in logo design, print media design, book cover design, and magazine and book layouts.
Various Freelance Graphic Design Projects
- Book Cover Designs for The Spring and Autumn Murders, The Northern Problems and Other Stories and The Revelation of Jack
Michael Seeber has over two decades of experience in the print media industry. He specializes in creating print-friendly documents, logos, book cover designs and book and magazine layouts. His design expertise allows for not only the client’s expertise and knowledge to shine through but also allows for the most efficient use of the print media available. He knows exactly what is needed to make sure that your printed media not only comes out clear, crisp, and concise, and how to make sure that it’s as easy as it can be.
- 1995-1997 — Triton Junior College — Graphic Design and Advertising
- 2003 — Alpha Graphics, Salt Lake City Utah — Digital Specialist Certification and Design Specialist Certification
- 2003-2004 — American Intercontinental University — Graphic Design
Selected Work History
- 1997 — Prometian Gaming Cabal (Non-Profit) — Freelance Graphic Designer
- Radioactive Tea Time (Non-Profit) — Freelance Graphic Designer
- 1998 — Office Team — Contract Graphic Designer
- 1998-2005 — AlphaGraphics — Graphic Designer
- 2005-2014 — Print X-Press (Formerly Sir Speedy) — Chief Graphic Designer
- 2014-2015 — Direwolf Design — Owner and Senior Graphic Designer
- 2015-2017 — Freelance Graphic Designer
- 2017-Present Day — The Writers Thread — Chief Graphic Designer and Print Media Supervisor
Knowledge and Skills
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and QuarkXpress
- Well versed in standard layout formats for business cards, brochures, posters, and additional print media, and has demonstrated the ability to make adjustments quickly and easily to meet client specifications
- Experienced in project management from initial design concept consultation to the finished project.
- Expertise in the design and print needs, and operation of many commercial and in-home printing systems including Canon, Konica-Minolta, Xerox, an dHP Large format Printers
- Experience and familiarity working with the design needs of major book publishers and trade publishers for book layout, and cover design needs.