- You have a degree in Anthropology specializing in archeology from San Francisco State University. Was there a particular time period or area of archeological study that held a fascination for you during your study?
- Great question. My emphasis was Maya Civ, including Olmec, Zapotec and Aztec peoples. I also took a lot of great classes on Classical Greece, which is where I got a lot of the inspiration for my Immortals in Alameda series.
- You’re well known as an author who doesn’t shy away from details in your books. How do you find the right balance between information overload and not enough details to get the sensory image across?
- Tee-hee. *mischievous blush* This fine line is where crit partners and a mom come very much in handy. I have great crit partners and a mom who isn’t afraid to tell me how it is. I’ve heard things like, “That’s just gross!” and “Not sexy at all!” Tee-hee.
- Beyond Seattle and the San Francisco Bay area, is there any other place you would consider calling home, or having a “summer cabin”? If so, where and why?
- I just moved to a small, tourist town in Oregon and it’s been quite dreamy. For once, I get to experience snow, and I feel as if I’m constantly on vacation. Also, people have been so nice here. I almost feinted the first time a car stopped for me when I was jay walking.
- What was the most surprising thing that someone has said about your work?
- I think just getting fan mail period had been very exciting. I’ve always dreamed of being published, so it’s still a bit surreal. Recently, a reviewer said she cried at the end of one of my books. It’s a high to know that you’re writing has evoked an emotional response in someone.
- What can your fans expect from you in 2013?
- All my book will be in print! Yay! My sex demon books will be wrapped up in an anthology and I’ll be doing a signing at the Authors After Dark conventionin Savannah, Georgia. Also, Secrets of the Fog, and my other Crimson Romance titles will also be in print. I’m excited to hold a copy for the first time.
Laura Seeber, Emerald Musings
Thank you so much for having me and for the fun interview. I have a three hour sit in the LA airport and you’ve kept me very entertained! To anyone who’s reading this, I hope you enjoy reading my books as much as I got a thrill out of writing them!
© 2014, Laura Seeber. All rights reserved.