Calling all writers, from beginner to expert! Announcing a new call for submissions for an anthology to be published in the first quarter of 2019 (Sometime between January and March). The theme of the anthology is as follows:
Moonlit Dreams/Moonlit Nightmares
I am looking for short stories that explore the nature of the psyche, the world (or worlds) around us, and that speaks in some way to the theme presented. Stories should be well crafted and flushed out, having elements of a great story that could be told for generations to come. Including such things as romance, intrigue, comedy or drama are all par for the course as far as I’m concerned – the key is to write a story that lingers both in your heart and mind by the time the last page is turned.
So here’s the specifics of the call:
• Submissions will be accepted through email. Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Anthology Moonlit Dreams/Moonlight Nightmare Submission – Your Name
• Word count should be between 1,500 and 10,000 words. No exceptions
• All entries must be written in English
• Submissions are welcomed from people in all walks of life, including under-represented groups such as women, minorities, LGBTQIA writers.
• Submissions will be accepted in .odt, docx, txt or RTF format only.
• Submissions will be accepted in standard manuscript format. (See here if you need a refresher)
• Please include the following with your submission:
◦ Cover letter with your full contact information including email and mailing address
◦ A short author biography that is written in the third person
◦ A style sheet if necessary (See here if you need a refresher on what that is).
◦ The best way to contact you.
• Payment will be made upon publication of the anthology via PayPal or business check.
• I will be purchasing first world electronic rights and exclusive publishing rights for one year.
• After one year in publication, please feel free to publish again in any format desired, provided that attribution to the anthology as first printing is given.
• Payment is $0.01 per word of edited final copy.
Deadline for submission:
Deadline for receipt of submission is November 25, 2018, at 12 Midnight MST.
Looking forward to reading your work!
© 2018, Laura Seeber. All rights reserved.